The Branches of Government
1. The three branches of government are the___________________,
the____________________, and the______________________.
2. The three qualifications to run for president are you must be _____ years old,________________and____________________________.
3. There are _______ judges of the Supreme Court.
4. A Supreme Court judge serves for ________________years.
5. A Supreme Court judge is appointed by ______________and approved by ______________________.
6. The two parts of the Legislative Branch are ___________________
7. Three qualifications for being a senator are __________________, _______________ and___________________________.
8. Laws are made by the ____________________ branch.
9. The president of the United States has the power to _______ any law.
10. The United States system of government is set up to have _________
and _______________ to keep one branch from having too much power.
11. Each state has _______senators in the Senate.
12. The number of representatives a state has depends on the ________
__________ in the state.
13. The person who takes over as president if the president is unable to hold office is the _________________________.
14. In the order of succession, the third person in line for taking over the office of president is the _____________________________.
15. Meaning of the laws, how they are applied and if they have been broken, are interpreted by the __________________ branch.
16. The president is chosen by having the most ___________votes.
17. The Senate and the House of Representatives hold sessions in ________________________(building).
18. The nations capital is __________________________(city).
19. The president lives in the ___________________________.
20. The president serves for ________ years.
21. The U.S. Congress is made up of __________________ and _______________________________.
22. The framers wrote the Constitution to provide for a ______________
23. The Founding Fathers were the framers of the _________________.
24. A president can serve for only _______ years or ____ terms of office.
25. A senators term lasts for ____ years.
26. A representatives term lasts for ____ years.
27. The Legislative Branch is made up of senators and representatives, and this is called the _____________.